Rumors were swirling before Thanksgiving, but we all discounted them. Now it looks like there was a little truth to those rumors! Mark announced yesterday that GameSpy and our rival IGN intended to merge. Together we’ll be the largest gaming-related site on the Internet.
- Publisher letter on merger
- Press release on GameSpy/IGN merger
- Fargo speaks about the merger
- GameSpy, IGN Agree to Merge (LA Times)
- GameSpy Aims to Conquer Market with Merger (OC Register)
- IGN and GameSpy Announce Merger (Yahoo)
Fun times are ahead! I’m very excited! We’ve been fierce competitors for years, each dominating in an area where the other was weak. This should be a perfect match.